Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Is your Instagram making you fat?


In lieu of an opening sentence, I am just going to put this here…


We have all been there, have friends that do it, see people do this, and maybe even do it yourself. Personally, I just go to fancy restaurants and take pictures of other people’s food that cost them an arm and a leg, and order a side salad for myself. Yes, it may be a little awkward to ask complete strangers to take pictures of their food, even more so when I make them wait 10 minutes while I get the perfect shot, but at least all my followers think I am living in the lap of luxury.


You may have a problem if you find yourself answering yes to the following questions:

  • Is it obligatory to take a picture of your food before you eat it? 
  • Do you feel bad when you had great looking food and you forgot to snap a picture to post on Instagram? 
If so, we may need to talk. You may be making people fat.

Girl you cray…
I am not even trying to pull a fast one on you…this time at least. According to recent research, that may just be the case. Luckily for me, most of my friends are not very good at taking food pictures J Anyways, this kind of makes sense. In a way all of these food pictures are like marketing. I am pretty sure we have all been there before-- it is late at night and you are all snuggled up on your coach with your diva of a dog watching the Kardashians when a commercial for pizza comes on. Now you had a filling dinner a couple of hours ago, but upon seeing a nice cheesy slice of pizza, you now NEED that pizza.


Is this bad?
On the other end of the spectrum, you could potentially use this phenomenon to make fruits and vegetables more appealing as well. This could very well just be me, but show me a picture of some well-cooked Brussels sprouts and I will then be craving them the rest of the day.  I mean…I know I probably fit the criteria for a health nut, but anybody else not want to eat these?


Breaking it down
Yes these food pictures on Instagram may make you want those foods or may make you a little hungry, but I don’t really see the need to go unfollow all of your “friends” that post food pictures. If you are like me, you will be too lazy to actually go and purchase said food. Basically what I am trying to say is eat your fruits and vegetables and practice will power/mindful eating. Oh and if you happen to be my friend and are reading this, thanks for being a lackluster food photographer. Well I am off to go take some selfies. Until next time!

P.S. This would definitely be me…


Keep it Fresh,
Keep it Green,


Beth

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete